OH! God can handle THAT!
As last year was drawing to a close and I was meditating on the coming year — asking Spirit what was most important for me to focus on in the upcoming 12 months - I clearly received the message that this was the time to move deeper into self-love on levels I had not been able to reach previously.
One cannot love ones self, (or any self for that matter) without giving up judgment and to do that, one (me) must learn how to re-train the mind. The best mind-training for me (and a few million others) is A Course In Miracles, which I have been studying off and on for over 25 years.
And so I was particularly delighted with the synchronicity of being led to this weekend’s live workshop on A Course In Miracles led by one of its master teachers, the always illuminating Marianne Williamson.
To put the following into context for those unfamiliar with the Course, the Course is channeled material and is based on a traditional Christian belief system — referring throughout to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. That said, it is NOT a course in the christian RELIGION. It does not force you, or even encourage you, to believe in the tenets of christianity. However, it does use common christian terms in its teaching.
Here are my take-aways from last night’s opening session:
- Love is to fear, as Light is to darkness
- Thinking without love is an hallucination — only Love can create
- A definition of ego according to ACIM is . . . a fearful thought
- The ego is a choice for guilt
- The Holy Spirit = the Atonement
- We (humans) think we are a sunbeam that can be separate from other sunbeams, but in Truth, of course, we are one with the Sun
- We (humans) also think we are a wave in the sea, that can be separate from all the other waves. The Truth is we are one with the ocean.
- I deflect miracles when I hold attack thoughts (aka judgments) about ANY one, including myself.
- “Do not try to purify yourself (clear the attack thoughts) before coming to me (The Holy Spirit) first, for I (The Holy Spirit) am the purifier.”
- Every thought is either a path to hell or a path to heaven. (Love = Heaven, fear = hell)
- “That which you place on the altar (of Love) is thereby altered.”
- Dear God — I am willing to see this differently. I could choose peace instead of this (chaos). Please help me!
The Course states in its introduction, that there is “no order of difficulty in miracles.” The Course also teaches that a miracle is simply a change in perception — from fear (attack/judgment) to love.
And so Marianne reminded us, that we will make our lives much more peaceful when we remember that there is one who can – and will – always assist us with our problems (judgments, fears, etc.). That “one” is God (in whatever word/s you prefer).
And so my Number One takeaway from last night is to say (and DO) often:
- “OH! God can handle THAT!”
And so it is.
And so it shall be.
Thank you God.